Important Deadline Dates
Thank you for your submissions. All abstract submissions are now closed.
- Poster submission: Closed
- Contributed talks: Closed
- Articles for special issue of Molecular Systems Biology: Closed
Special Notes for Poster Abstracts:
- Each abstract must have a designated presenting author and a designated corresponding author. They may be the same person.
- Each presenting author may only present one poster.
- If multiple posters are submitted by the same authors then each poster must specify a different presenting author.
- The online abstract system will allow a maximum of twelve authors; additional authors may be specified in the pdf abstract.
- Acceptance of any abstract will be contingent upon receipt of payment for registration of a presenting author.
- It will be possible to change the presenting author to a different person to accommodate late changes in travel plans.
Before beginning: You will need
both your summary abstract and extended abstract to complete the
Please submit your abstract in two formats (summary and extended)
- Summary: Consists of a short 750 character (text format) summary, which you will be prompted to enter in the online submission system.
- Extended: An extended abstract MUST be made with the following specifications:
- Up to 3 pages (maximum). Click here for an example of an extended abstract in PDF form.
- Up to 500 words (excluding title, authors, and references)
- Up to 2 figures with legends
- "Figure" is used in a general sense, encompassing both figures and tables. Thus, if you wish to include one or two tables, you may do so.
- As indicated above, the figures and figure legends do not count towards the 500 word limit.
- Up to 10 references
- You do not need to include references if you do not wish to do so or you do not feel they are required for your abstract.
- Single PDF file, US Letter page size (8.5 inches x 11 inches)
- 1 inch margins on top, bottom, left, and right
- Font size: no smaller than 12 point font
- Acceptable fonts: Times, Times New Roman, Computer Modern, Palatino, New Century, Lucida, Helvetica, Arial
- Mathematical symbols may appear in the font of your choice
(Click here for these instructions shown on a printable page.)
The extended abstract should be self-contained; there is no mechanism to attach separate files. It must be in PDF format. (If your computer software does not have PDF output capability built-in, you may wish to avail yourself of one of the free online services for converting different document types to PDF.)
Accepted extended abstracts will be published as-is online. We will not perform editing on accepted abstracts.
Please note: the maximum length of EXTENDED abstracts is 500 words; this is different from the maximum length of the SUMMARY (750 characters) which you will be prompted to enter in the online submission system. The summary will be used in the production of a small proceedings volume to be distributed at the conference.